A South Florida location and convenient international air connections make Greater Fort Lauderdale particularly attractive as a regional headquarters location for multinational companies from North America, Europe and the Pacific Rim to access Latin America and Caribbean markets. At the same time, Greater Fort Lauderdale provides a natural entry point for Latin American companies seeking to establish themselves in the U.S. marketplace.
Here are just a few of the many advantages and amenities Greater Fort Lauderdale offers regional headquarters:
- A growing and vibrant population
- Home to 1,200 multinational companies that manage over $200 billion (US) in revenue from South Florida. These multinational companies represent diverse geographic origins with 659 from the United States, 305 from Europe, 116 from Latin America and the Caribbean, 76 from Asia and 27 from Canada. In addition, 232 of these 1,200 companies are global headquarters
- A gateway to the world with requisite international business expertise and the third largest concentration of consular corps in the United States
- Three international airports with convenient domestic service and extensive international connections, including the United State's third largest airport for international travelers that has the nation's greatest number of direct flights to Latin America and the Caribbean
- State-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure, including international cable landings and Tier-1 Network Access Points
- Broad based and diverse multilingual workforce continuously enhanced through education of 350,000 college students each year
- 10.4 percent of the 25-year-old and older population have graduate degrees, which equals 396,980 residents holding graduate degrees
- The state of Florida has no personal income tax and was ranked as the 5th best state business tax climate for 2009 in The Tax Foundation's 2009 State Business Tax Climate Index, with only Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada and Alaska ranking higher. (For a copy of the report, please click here.)
- Five professional sports teams playing baseball, basketball, football, hockey and soccer
- Year-round outdoor recreation in a delightful sub-tropical climate
For more information regarding headquarters operations in Greater Fort Lauderdale, please contact the Managing Director, CEO Council of The Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance at email@example.com or at 954-627-0126.
Greater Fort Lauderdale
Life. Less Taxing.