U.S. Headquarters of International Operations
As a thriving global business center, Greater Fort Lauderdale is the choice for U.S. Headquarters of International Operations for many companies from different parts of the world. Its strategic location, business infrastructure, multilingual workforce, excellent school system, and pro-business attitude make it an outstanding place for international operations.
To read a message from Hugh Courtney, Managing Director of Private Jet Charter, regarding the company's decision to locate in Fort Lauderdale, please click here.
Here are just a few of the many advantages and amenities Greater Fort Lauderdale/South Florida offers:
- A growing and vibrant population
- Home to 1,200 multinational companies that manage over $200 billion (US) in revenue from South Florida. These multinational companies represent diverse geographic origins with 659 from the United States, 305 from Europe, 116 from Latin America and the Caribbean, 76 from Asia and 27 from Canada. In addition, 232 of these 1,200 companies are global headquarters
- A gateway to the world with requisite international business expertise and the third largest concentration of consular corps in the United States
- Three international airports with convenient domestic service and extensive international connections, including the United State's third largest airport for international travelers that has the nation's greatest number of direct flights to Latin America and the Caribbean
- State-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure, including international cable landings and Tier-1 Network Access Points
- Broad based and diverse multilingual workforce continuously enhanced through education of 350,000 college students each year
- 10.4 percent of the 25-year-old and older population have graduate degrees, which equals 396,980 residents holding graduate degrees
- The state of Florida has no personal income tax and was ranked as the 5th best state business tax climate for 2010 in The Tax Foundation's 2010 State Business Tax Climate Index, with only South Dakota, Wyoming, Alaska and Nevada ranking higher. (For a copy of the report, please click here.)
- Five professional sports teams playing baseball, basketball, football, hockey and soccer
- Year-round outdoor recreation in a delightful sub-tropical climate
Did you know? Greater Fort Lauderdale is already home to corporate headquarters from a wide variety of international locations including Europe, Canada, Asia and South America. The United Kingdom has consistently been one of the largest foreign investors in the United States; there are seven companies from the U.K. headquartered here. There are 26 corporate headquarters from Europe located in Greater Fort Lauderdale—five companies of Spanish origin; four corporate headquarters with French origins; five from Germany; four from Italy; three each from the Netherlands and Switzerland; and one each from Norway and Romania.
Additionally, there are eight Canadian companies; one each from Africa, Mexico and India; three Asian companies; two of Israeli origin; and three South American companies, all with corporate headquarters in Greater Fort Lauderdale. (Click on the country or region name for a list of its companies with headquarters located in Greater Fort Lauderdale.)
To see the entire list of 150 corporate headquarters located in Greater Fort Lauderdale, both international and U.S.-based, please click here.
For more information regarding headquarters operations in Greater Fort Lauderdale, please contact the Managing Director, CEO Council of The Broward Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 954-627-0126.
Greater Fort Lauderdale
Life. Less Taxing.