Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance website!
As Broward County's official public / private partnership for economic development, our job is to introduce you to Greater Fort Lauderdale and all our organization has to offer your business as we lead this community in building a stronger and more diverse economy. If you are considering relocating or expanding your company, or looking for information about doing business in Greater Fort Lauderdale, you are at the right place. Our award–winning staff is ready to assist with your business needs and to help your company succeed and prosper.
Broward County / Greater Fort Lauderdale is a metropolitan area of 31 municipalities and approximately 1.8 million people that fosters and promotes business attraction, recruitment, retention, expansion and new capital investment. Greater Fort Lauderdale is the center of the South Florida metropolitan statistical area, the largest MSA in the Southeast with a population nearing 6 million.
Why consider Greater Fort Lauderdale as the location for your company? Here are just a few reasons:
- An outstanding tax climate. The state of Florida has no personal income tax and is ranked as the 4th best state business tax climate in the Tax Foundation's State Business Tax Climate Index. The state is ranked 2nd Best State to Do Business by Chief Executive Magazine.
- A world–class airport and seaport that support and enhance successful trade, logistics recreation and business environment
- Greater Fort Lauderdale is home to nearly 200 dynamic corporate, regional and international headquarter operations
- Greater Fort Lauderdale has one of the largest and most diverse labor forces in the state, along with a growing talent pool
- Greater Fort Lauderdale is the heart of the “TechGateway,” made up of internationally recognized companies such as Citrix, Chewy.com, JetSmarter, Magic Leap, SATO Global Solutions and Ultimate Software – all leading the world in technology and the latest software applications.
- Greater Fort Lauderdale ranked number one on the Kauffman Foundation's Index of Startup Activity in 2017.
- Greater Fort Lauderdale has a highly educated workforce with more than 35 educational institutions offering associate's degrees or higher within 30 miles of downtown Fort Lauderdale, and eleven offering master's degrees
- Greater Fort Lauderdale has unmatched weather and a superb quality of life
In 2017, the Alliance helped companies create more than 1,900 high–value jobs, and retain more than 1,900 jobs and facilitated more than $256 million in capital investment in Broward County. We would be honored to assist you!
If you are already located in Greater Fort Lauderdale and value the importance of strong economic development, we invite you to join top public–and private–sector business, government, academic and community leaders in the important work of promoting Greater Fort Lauderdale as a world–class, choice business location by joining the Alliance.
Dr. Jennifer O'Flannery Anderson, Ph.D.
Vice President for Advancement and Community Relations, Nova Southeastern University
Chair of the Board, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance