Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance website!
As Broward County's official public/private partnership for economic development, we welcome the opportunity to work with you and help you learn about all Greater Fort Lauderdale has to offer your business as we lead this community in building a stronger and more diverse economy.
Broward County/Greater Fort Lauderdale - a metropolitan area of 31 municipalities and approximately 1.8 million people - fosters and promotes business attraction, recruitment, retention, expansion and new capital investment. So, if you are considering relocating or expanding your company, or looking for information about doing business in Greater Fort Lauderdale, you are at the right place. Our award-winning staff is ready to assist with your business needs and to help your company succeed and prosper.
Why consider Greater Fort Lauderdale as the location for your company? Here are just a few reasons:
- An outstanding tax climate. The state of Florida has no personal income tax and is ranked as the 5th best state business tax climate in the Tax Foundation's State Business Tax Climate Index
- A world-class airport and seaport that support and enhance successful trade, logistics and business environment
- Greater Fort Lauderdale is the center of the South Florida metropolitan statistical area, the largest MSA in the Southeast with a population nearing 6 million
- Greater Fort Lauderdale is home to nearly 200 diverse corporate, regional and international headquarters operations
- Greater Fort Lauderdale has one of the largest and most diverse labor forces in the state, along with a growing talent pool
- Greater Fort Lauderdale is the heart of the “TechGateway,” made up of internationally recognized companies such as BlackBerry, Citrix, Motorola, Prolexic Technologies, SATO Global Solutions and Ultimate Software – all leading the world in technology and the latest software applications
- Greater Fort Lauderdale has a highly educated workforce with more than 40 institutions offering associate's degrees or higher within 30 miles of downtown Fort Lauderdale, and eleven offering master's degrees
- Greater Fort Lauderdale has unmatched weather and a superb quality of life
In 2015, the Alliance announced the relocation and expansion of 24 companies, helped create more than 1,400 high value jobs, helped retain more than 1,300 jobs and facilitated more than $116 million in capital investment in Broward County. Let us assist you!
If you are already located in Greater Fort Lauderdale, we invite you to join top public- and private-sector business, government, academic and community leaders in the important work of promoting Greater Fort Lauderdale as a world-class, choice business location by joining the Alliance.
Dr. Penny Shaffer
Market President, Florida Blue
Chair of the Board, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance