Message from the Mayor
Message from Broward County Mayor Beam Furr
As Mayor of Broward County, I am pleased to invite you to relocate or expand your business to Broward County and take advantage of our vibrant business climate, low tax rates and top rated business assets. We are a highly desirable, diverse community with considerable talent and expertise and the best innovative potential. Along with a broad public/private partnership that benefits the local economy and our industries, we have grown into a major player in international trade and entrepreneurship.
Broward County added 20,100 new private-sector jobs in the last year, the fourth-highest number of jobs among all Florida metro areas. In addition, Greater Fort Lauderdale’s unemployment rate is the lowest it has been in a decade.
Whether you are looking for a LEED certified business space, Class A office tower, mid-rise corporate park, retail center, hospitality and healthcare property or distribution and manufacturing facility, Broward County has what you need.
AutoNation, Chiquita, Citrix, Emerson, JM Family Enterprises, Magic Leap, Microsoft, Ultimate Software and numerous national and international companies already call Broward County home. Here’s why:From a county government perspective we maintain a low tax rate, operate a world class airport and seaport and take pride in seizing upon opportunities to create jobs and an outstanding quality of life for those who live and work here. Broward County is a fiscally strong government and in Florida there is no personal income tax. We live up to our motto of “Life, Less Taxing.”
- Broward County is strategically located in the center of South Florida, the nation’s 8th largest metropolitan area, with a population of more than 6 million residents.
- We have easy accessibility to both domestic and international markets through the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport.
- Port Everglades is the leading container port in Florida and the 11th busiest container port in the nation.
- We offer a highly skilled, diverse, and multilingual workforce.
- Our public and private schools, colleges and universities are highly ranked and nationally recognized.
Broward County also features wonderful neighborhoods, state-of-the-art healthcare, a year-round subtropical climate and a myriad of activities and boundless cultural opportunities.
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance are committed to creating an environment to attract new business and expand the companies that are already here. Our targeted industries include aviation/aerospace, information and communications technologies, life sciences, global logistics, marine industries and entrepreneurship.
In Broward County, we are committed to your success and we want your business!
Mayor, Broward County