FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (October 3, 2016) – The “Rick Case Bikes for Kids” program, celebrating its 35th anniversary this year, has provided more than 100,000 bikes to needy children during the holidays since 1982, and is now collecting bikes for the 2016 holiday season through December 21, 2016. This year’s collection goal is set at 5,000 bikes, which will be distributed through area Boys & Girls Clubs as well as other local charities, churches and schools.
Many local children are not fortunate enough to have a bike of their own. Luckily, the “Rick Case Bikes for Kids” program, launched in 1982 by Rita and Rick Case of the Rick Case Automotive Group, has been making that dream a reality for needy children for 35 years. The program makes it easy to get involved and help a child in need this holiday season by simply dropping off a new or used bike in good condition at any of the following Rick Case South Florida-area locations:
- Rick Case Honda / 15700 Rick Case Honda Way (I-75 at Griffin Road), Davie / 954-364-3000
- Rick Case Acura / 875 North State Road 7 (on 441 at Sunrise), Ft. Lauderdale / 954-587-1111
- Rick Case Hyundai / 925 North State Road 7 (on 441 at Sunrise), Ft. Lauderdale / 954-581-5885
- Rick Case Hyundai / 3550 Weston Road (I-75 Auto Row), Davie / 954-377-4100
- Rick Case Honda Cycles / 15701 Rick Case Honda Way (I-75 at Griffin Road), Davie / 954-364-3201
- Rick Case Fiat, Alfa Romeo & Maserati / 3500 Weston Road (I-75 Auto Row), Davie / 954-903-5311
- Rick Case Volkswagen / 3520 Weston Road (1-75 Auto Row), Davie / 954-903-5500
- Rick Case Kia / 14500 W Sunrise Blvd, Sunrise (Sunrise at the Sawgrass Expressway) / 954-622-1700
“This program was designed to put smiles on thousands of deserving children’s faces during a very special time of year,” said Rick Case, who reports that to date, more than 100,000 bikes have been donated to Rick Case dealerships in Atlanta, South Florida and Cleveland since the program’s founding. “The communities really come together to make sure underprivileged children have the best holiday season possible.”
The Rick Case Automotive Group, honored as Automotive News’ one and only 2013 National All-Star Dealer for the Privately Held Dealer category out of 17,000 in the country, is one of the largest auto groups in America. Rick Case Automotive Group celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2012. To commemorate this occasion, Rick Case wrote a book, “Our Customers, Our Friends,” a history of his 50 years as a car dealer. This book sells for $24.95 but is available free to anyone that visits any Rick Case dealership. Located in South Florida since 1986, it is owned and operated by the wife and husband team of Rita and Rick Case. With 16 dealerships in Florida, Georgia and Ohio, the Rick Case Automotive Group offers Maserati, Acura, Audi, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Kia, Mazda, FIAT, Alfa Romeo and Honda Automobiles & Motorcycles, including the World’s Largest Honda, Hyundai, Kia and Volkswagen dealerships located in Broward County, Florida. Rick Case Automotive Group’s national headquarters are located at 14500 W. Sunrise Blvd. in Sunrise, FL.