Manufacturing companies in Greater Fort Lauderdale benefit from the region's skilled workforce, convenient air, sea and land shipping services and professional support services.
The area's diverse mix of manufacturers include:
- Aircraft parts
- Building supplies and materials
- Computer and electronic components
- Construction products
- Food processing
- Medical devices and instruments
- Military supplies
- Mobile devices
- Patient monitoring systems
- Software applications
The South Florida Manufacturers Association serves as an advocate and resource for manufacturing companies in South Florida. Its members have access to FloridaMakes: a service designed to improve the competitive ability and profitability of the state's manufacturers. For instance, ADI Metal in Fort Lauderdale worked with FloridaMakes to institute a series of changes that delivered a positive return withing the first six months of the engagement. For more information, visit the South Florida Manufacturers Association at www.sfma.org.
A stable and highly favorable tax climate enhances profitability for a wide variety of businesses looking to grow and prosper in a Florida location.
Florida has . . .
• NO corporate income tax on limited partnerships
• NO corporate income tax on subchapter S-corporations
• NO state personal income tax guaranteed by constitutional provision
• NO corporate franchise tax on capital stock
• NO state-level property tax assessed
• NO property tax on business inventories
• NO property tax on goods-in-transit for up to 180 days
• NO sales and use tax on goods manufactured or produced in Florida for export outside the state
• NO sales tax on purchases of raw materials incorporated in a final product for resale, including non-reusable containers or packaging
• NO sales/use tax on boiler fuels
• NO sales/use tax on co-generation of electricity
Florida Offers Sales and Use Tax Exemptions On . . .
• Semiconductor, defense and space technology-based industry transactions involving manufacturing or research equipment
• Purchases of machinery and equipment used by a new or expanding Florida business to manufacture, produce or process tangible personal property for sale
• Labor, parts and materials used in repair of and incorporated into machinery and equipment that qualify for sales tax exemption upon purchase
• Electricity used in the manufacturing process
• Aircraft parts, modification, maintenance and repair, sale or lease of qualified aircraft
• Commercial space activity – launch vehicles, payloads and fuel, machinery and equipment for production of items used exclusively at Spaceport Florida
• Labor component of research and development expenditures
• Any facility, device, fixture, machinery or equipment required for pollution control, abatement or monitoring of equipment used in manufacturing processing or compounding items for sale.
Comparative Costs for Manufacturing Companies in Florida vs. Other Markets
|Personal Income Tax Rate
|Corporate Income Tax or Gross Receipts Tax Rate* (Highest Rate)
|State Business Tax Climate Ranking
|Private Sector Manufacturing Union Membership
|Manufacturing Average Wage
For manufacturing business location and expansion information, please contact Todd Holt, the Alliance's Director of Business Development at 954-627-0124 or via email at email@example.com.